This guideline covers planning and delivering social care and support for older people who have multiple long-term conditions. It promotes an integrated and person-centred approach to delivering effective health and social care services.
The Care Quality Commission uses NICE guidelines as evidence to inform the inspection process.
The guideline includes recommendations on:
- Identifying and assessing social care needs
- Care planning, including the role of the named care coordinator
- Supporting carers
- Integrating health and social care planning
- Delivering care
- Preventing social isolation
- Training health and social care practitioners
Who is it for?
- Health and social care practitioners
- Providers of care and support in health and social care services
- Older people with social care needs and multiple long-term conditions (including both physical and mental health conditions), and their carers.
Commissioners should ensure any service specifications take into account the recommendations in this guideline.
READ FULL GUIDELINE HERE (OPENS IN A NEW WINDOW)