Get our newsletter!

It seems that you have already subscribed to this list. Click here to update your profile.

follow us on facebook

Call Us: 07940 906722 Email:


Monday, 22 May 2017 13:21

Help with Benefits - New Income Form

If you have your benefits stopped, such as being sanctioned, go to the council and request a Nil Income Form and fill it out. That will reinstate your housing benefit and Council Tax. It will also give you access to further help such as Utility Meter Credit, Food Vouchers and Emergency Cash Payments.

The Council will only deal with you if you ask for this form specifically. The authorities such as Council and DWP will not inform you that this form is available, until you've actually asked for it.

Please copy & paste or Share this with anyone you think may benefit from it.

Published in Resources

dla  Guide to claiming DLA for children with disabilities - 

This guide is for anyone, parent or professional, who is considering making a claim for Disability Living Allowance (DLA), on behalf of a child under 16 years of age who has a neurological or   neurodevelopmental condition. This includes conditions like autistic spectrum conditions, ADHD, cerebral palsy, Down’s syndrome, epilepsy, learning difficulties, global developmental delay and acquired brain injuries among others.
Covering such a wide range of conditions means that, inevitably not everything in the guide will be applicable to all children. The intention is that you can use whatever is most appropriate and expand on it with your own examples.

Published in Resources
Tuesday, 12 May 2015 08:05

Jayne Knight

Jayne Knight is the founder of the You Know site. This was set up following her despair in constantly seeing the lack of available, practical information for people who need care, their families, other carers, and professionals  leading often to poor decision making and services. She has had a history of working in the public and voluntary sector for the last 35 years. Following an early career in the Department of Employment Jayne moved on into Local Government. She eventually managed a large welfare rights service also covering employment and housing law. She became a Chief Officer managing a range of responsibilities covering general needs,supported and extra care housing, welfare benefits, social care, day services, general amenities, local planning, parks and recreation. She was the chief officer at local council meetings to conduct the business of two large geographical areas. This all gave her a more general, holisitic approach to planning and delivering services rather than the specialist areas that many other managers in local government.

Jayne moved after 12 years in the Local Authority to run a charity which eventually became one of the of the leading supported living charities, Ling Trust, in the UK. She has worked nationally as a consultant for many years and has been influential in getting people the right help and advice to get a decent life. Jayne is very proud of everyone involved in the services for Ling, tenants who were "written off" who have made good lives for themselves, families who have been listened to and heard and staff who always went the extra mile.

Jayne has represented several people as a family advocate and is known well nationally for this work. Jayne can give informed opinion and practical help on welfare rights, personal care and health budgets across all sectors, housing and housing with support, running micro enterprises, grant and funding applications, housing law, creative solutions for people with complex support needs and employment matters.

She can broker and advocate for people who need services, carers and/or families at the highest levels. Jayne is approachable, hard working,practical and has good all round knowledge including a good academic background leading to a Masters in Communty Mental Health which assists in any requirements for reports or representation.

Published in Biographies